Wednesday, 16 March 2011

Open House

Okay I probably shouldn't blog from school, but it is a reflective practice, and why the hell not. Tonight is open house, and I just finished frantically putting up a bulletin board out in the hallway. I have to say I am not much for bulletin boards mostly because I don't have very much physical work of students to show off. Makes me think we should unplug and get down to drawing.


Compare this, yesterday I had a formal evaluation, and I worked my butt off to make sure it went well. Result - I  become a better teacher, I have another fantastic lesson in my arsenal and the extension of that is a better learning environment for the students.

Today I am preparing to sell the school to parents. I see what I am doing right and what I am doing wrong, what is worth showing off and what is fodder as far as student work goes... all of this is a reflective practice on my instruction... I'm becoming a better educator for my work and effort.

The logic that work (any work) equals positive results is almost universally true. For example, I am blogging for a non-existent audience but I am a) reflecting on my teaching and b) becoming a better writer for it.

Steve.

No comments:

Post a Comment