"Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind."
Vonnegut
If we all operate under this one basic principle here at work Things can be so much better for all of us. We may have different ideas of how things should operate, but all of us want what is best for our school, our students and ourselves.
If you are reading this try to take a second, I know I have taken hours, to think about how kind your actions have been. Have you distrusted anyone? Have spoken unkindly about them? Have you worked against people?
I admit I have done all of those things, and I commit today to stopping this unkind behavior and following that one rule stated above.
No comments:
Post a Comment