My website randomness for nobody was not really doing the trick with trying to be a contributing member of the interwebs, so I thought - start a blog. I want my students to blog and I should really get into the habit of practicing what I preach. Here I will do a few things: 1)share resources 2)talk about education 3)reflect on my experience as a teacher.
My talk about education could get a little snide, we will see. For example a topic that I would like to discuss is this business of long-term sick leave. How can teachers get away with taking a month (usually much more) off of work because they are "stressed"?
I know I can get in trouble for this, but shouldn't long-term leave be reserved for those with real problems like cancer treatment or a terrible accident. How can professionals be okay with taking a month off of work? The job is hard, deal with it or quit.
How's that for setting the tone. There is some comfort in the anonymity that writing a blog that no one will ever read brings. Oh yes, it is out there, but I doubt anyone will see it.
No for something valuable:
Richard Byrne at Free Tech. For Teachers is an ed. tech. blogger internet pwning professional role model. I should really take this 7 billion people in the world lesson and go with it already. tik tok Steve,maybe sometime before 8 billion whadya say? A party for seven billion.
Another site I have seriously under utilized by not using it a lick - Khan academy. I won't bother linking direct to it because really - you should know about it already. Here is how it could work in the classroom from Journey in Technology.
And finally, let's hope my simple whole wheat bread turns out today. Is it possible to be nostalgic for a time without the internet while it continues to dominate my life. Have a great day.
No comments:
Post a Comment