According to some research. October is when the reality of my job assignment comes crashing down on me and fuels the depressing burning mess that was all of my unmet goals and ambitions that have been building up over the last two to three months.
![]() |
| This is What I Have Felt in the Past and What I Refuse to Feel This Year. |
There are a couple of things I will do to steel myself against the onslaught of reality.
- I will be aware that it is coming and I will not be another teacher trapped in this cycle.
- I will start by establishing clear routines.
- I will Stay Fit. I will continue my own personal fitness and family goals and give them equal priority alongside my classroom and career goals.
- I will achieve my goals anyway - yes the membership in the media group will drop after excitement wears down, but even if there are only four kids that is still four kids learning skills after-school.
- I will destroy disillusionment. Even in the face of all of my goals being unmet I will not allow disillusionment
- I will treat myself often. New York City Here I Come!!
- I will reflect through blogging all year.
- I will be mean to myself in June!


No comments:
Post a Comment